Friday, October 10, 2008

Harvest

It is that time of year again isn't it. I don't know if I am ready for winter just yet! I do love the fall colors and all the fall things like cooler nights, frost on the grass, harvesting the veges, canning, pumpkins and football--(Joshy thats for you). BUT when fall comes, winter is just around the corner. Yesterday October 9th there were snowflakes in the air!! Yes snow! Megan called me yesterday just so I wouldn't miss it. Nothing stuck but still it was snow. I do love the excitement of the first snow and am sure that when we do get some to stick it will be fun but after that it is like an eternal frozen dead land. BUT I am not going to dwell on that.

I decided to harvest most of our garden cause it is supposed to be in the 60's and 50's this week! So I pulled up the tomatoes and picked all the corn and I have to say that it is the BEST corn that we have had all year!! It looks pretty pathetic cause the cobs are so little you have to eat a whole one to get a mouthful but it is sooooo good. I love that we grew a garden--even if it didn't do as well as I would have liked and was lots of work. I am grateful that we have the means to grow our own food. Someone discovered that he loved it too! Trooper cannot seem to get enough of it. I think he might sit in his highchair and eat it all day if I would let him. Here are some good pictures of him enjoying it. hee hee


2 comments:

Jill said...

Tiffy, I love the update! Seriously, your kids are SO cute. Josie is such a little lady. How do you like Joy School? Is it difficult to have all the kids at your house? Oh, and wish I could eat some of that yummy corn!

brandy said...

A good teething toy!!!