Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gobble Gobble

Wow I haven't blogged for a while. Oops. Things just got super busy fun. Like the rest of you. Thanksgiving was really fun. We spent the day with Joshy's family. It was so fun for our kids to play with their cousins. And we really enjoyed being with almost (we missed you Sara and Daniel) all of his brothers and sisters. The day was absolutely gorgeous so the kids mostly spent the day outside. Dinner was wonderful. I love yams. I don't know why I didn't like them as a kid cause now I think that they are almost better than the pie. This year Joshys mom made them with apples and an oatmeal crispy stuff--ahh they were so good.

The boys played with guns after dinner for a while. Trooper, much to my dismay was super excited about that. We played a few games, looked at some Black Friday adds, ran out of gas (that is whole different story) and then had some pie. It was a great day. We did attempt to get a picture with all of the cousins and that was super super funny. Here is a fav:

The day after we packed up early and took our kids down to SLC. My parents like to take all their grandkids down to see Temple Square at Christmas. So they got hotel rooms downtown and we spent Friday and Saturday there. It was great. I asked Josie what her favorite part about the weekend was, thinking it would be something like the christmas lights or swimming or pizza or McDonalds or the Dino museum but she insisted that it was the "elagaters"--you know those huge elagaters in the conference center. hee hee She makes me laugh--we had to get special permission from the couple missionaries in the center so that she could go down them.

I was sooo soo soo impressed by the primary children's center in the Church History and Art center. They have a whole set up for kids to learn about being a child of God. It had a place for the kids to pretend like they were mommys and dadies with newborn babys (Josie was in heaven hee hee no pun intended), a place for them to go to church and lead the music, dress up clothes for a Christmas nativity, had puzzles on the walls about gospel topics (Troop loved that) lots and lots of art projects and activities. It was a lot of fun and I am so glad that we did it. Josh and I were talking in the primary room about how there really is just a great feeling there. Crazy that in the middle of a huge busy city on a crazy busy weekend there could be a place of such peace and contentment. Then again not crazy, wonderful and awesome! We had a great Thanksgiving--so much to be grateful for.

3 comments:

Larsen said...

I amglad your tree cutting experience was better than ours. And I am glad to hear you had a nice thanksgiving! Us too.

Miss ya

Gina

brandy said...

You guys are such a cute little family.

Jessica said...

I love the family picture. So cute!