We had our New Beginnings last week, and I have been super busy trying to get things ready for it! I think that it turned out a HUGE success and hope that everyone there had as much fun as I did.
We decided(or shall I say I) hee that we would do something a little different and fun this year. We did not have any new Beehives come in to YW this year to highlight and so all of the parents already know about the young womens program. . . . so I thought that we could "review" the values a little different and spunky way!
We did a treasure theme. We had the YW and their parents shipwreck on Value Island!! We gave them invitations in bottles with sand and had them hand-delivered by two very handsome pirates--(thanks again Nick and Joshy) Our decorations where super cool. We had 10 footish palm trees around, waves on the stage, tables with sand, seashell, treasure boxes (with candy jewels and coins that the girls later got to take home for a jewelry box) pineapples, and scroll programs. We then had our program, where the leaders were personal progress pirates and we each dressed in a color and did a little pirate jig to sing about each "Value" as a Treasure. Since there is a new value Virtue, Brother Johnson was our "Gold Captain". He really made the skit!! Then Sis Martin (thanks Beck) gave a wonderful talk about virtue treasure and Bishop gave some closing remarks. We then had some fruity drink with umbrellas and some pineapple cake!! I think it was pretty fun and really hope the girls will remember it. If nothing else hopefully they remember that they have leaders that love them enough to make fools of themselves. hee hee
I really love our young women. I am so grateful that I have gotten to know them. We really don't have very many, but it is so fun to get to know them so well. I am so impressed by their talents and perspectives. They really do have testimonies and are living the gospel!! I only wish that I could have been friends with them in my YW years! They are great examples!!
P.S. So I tried for a whole day to get the skit video to load on this page but it won't so I guess you'll just have to trust me it was super cute and super funny!
5 comments:
I totally love your idea and theme! You are the cleverest person I know! I would love to see that video, if you can load it or email it. hehe You are awesome, Tiff! Miss ya
How fun Tiffany! You are so creative and put a ton of work and effort into that young woman's night. What a special thing for those girls!
Thanks for posting that picture! It really did turn out great, so glad we have you in YW!
Arg, mattie.
Yer idears are smokin' hot!
I know my kids loved Josie's Party, so I am POSITIVE the girls loved it too!
Gina
So sad I missed it! I really want to see the video when you have some spare time. :) You did an amazing job...always such creative and fun ideas!
Post a Comment