Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Blogging Spoof
Ok so I am totally stealing this blog topic from my friend Jilly! Sorry! But I had to read this for myself. Last night I browsed a hilarious blog called "Seriously, so blessed."I guess this gal has a blog that is in total jest about blogging. Does that make sense? Most of you have probably already seen it. The Salt Lake Tribune even wrote an article about it and called it "An astutely sharp" and "wickedly dead-on spoof of the suddenly trendy married Mormon blog phenomenon." The author basically pokes fun at how the majority of married LDS women who have blogs paint their lives to be pictures of perfection. It is pretty wild how quickly the blogging trend spread. AND I do think that it is easy paint your life just wonderful. I have to even admit that sometimes I wonder how some of the things that I post will be taken or seen by others-- Anyways I read for a while last night and just laughed and laughed. Partly because I totally fit into some of the sterotypes (or at least know many that do) that she is making fun of. I think that it is healthy to laugh at yourself every now and then. Just to highlight a few funny things--I think you really need to check it out yourselves --but she has a baby ticker and a Twilight count down, she posts brags about her vacations and creations, her wedding, her husband and her church calling. I hope that no one will take offense to what is on her blog remember it is just a joke. But I did enjoy it.
It made me reflect on blogging and why I personally do it cause I really like it and wonder why. I think that for me, my blog is a place that I have to vent a little. It is a poor excuse for a journal but I do think that it is a great way to write down my thoughts and things that happen to my kids and family. I love love love going to others blogs and seeing what is happening in their lives. Its a great way to keep in touch with one another. Seems like life gets busy and I don't take time to call and catch up on my friends's lives but if I can go to their blogs it is great. I am totally ok with being in the sterotype of bloggers cause I love it--but I try to not paint my life as perfect--( those that know us will totally agree that that would be a very hard thing to do-hee hee)Or to not be something that I am not. One of the really funny and kinda sad things that I read on her blog was that for YW night they made super tight shirts that say "Modest is hottest"--funny right but so true. How often do we do something that completely contradicts the very thing that we are striving for. No I don't have that T'shirt but it made me reflect on the daily things that I do or don't do but that I really believe in and am not FULLY living. I really want to live what I believe and so I am going to strive to do better, and to live my life truer to what I believe. What do you think?
It made me reflect on blogging and why I personally do it cause I really like it and wonder why. I think that for me, my blog is a place that I have to vent a little. It is a poor excuse for a journal but I do think that it is a great way to write down my thoughts and things that happen to my kids and family. I love love love going to others blogs and seeing what is happening in their lives. Its a great way to keep in touch with one another. Seems like life gets busy and I don't take time to call and catch up on my friends's lives but if I can go to their blogs it is great. I am totally ok with being in the sterotype of bloggers cause I love it--but I try to not paint my life as perfect--( those that know us will totally agree that that would be a very hard thing to do-hee hee)Or to not be something that I am not. One of the really funny and kinda sad things that I read on her blog was that for YW night they made super tight shirts that say "Modest is hottest"--funny right but so true. How often do we do something that completely contradicts the very thing that we are striving for. No I don't have that T'shirt but it made me reflect on the daily things that I do or don't do but that I really believe in and am not FULLY living. I really want to live what I believe and so I am going to strive to do better, and to live my life truer to what I believe. What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I do read that blog, it is hilarious!! I love her latest post on the olympics, so funny.
I'm glad someone else I know reads it and thinks it's funny too!
I LOVE reading your blog! I think writing is a great way to get to know people, which is one reason why I loved writing Jake on his mission. It's just different than talking on the phone. Plus, you don't get photos with phone calls. I think blogging is the best way to keep in touch! I'm glad you enjoyed "Seriously So Blessed" and I like what you said about contradicting ourselves and being truer to what we believe. Love ya!
great post Tiff! I love blogs for the purpose of catching up on old friends that aren't next door anymore! I think it is great to poke fun at ourselves and hopefully show our dorky, true self. You are awesome and I miss you!
Going to go read it, but in the meantime....I hear that your new calling is in YW. You will be a great infulence on those few girls in your ward. Love you!
So funny. I hadn't even thought of it! I guess some blogs do sound like those letters at Christmas time that make you sick because the whole family is PERFECT! Too funny. I'll definitely try harder to post more of our funny blunders, because some of our funniest material comes from our MANY imperfections!
I like blogging to record, remember, and keep in touch!
Oh, I never have thought of that. I hope mine doesn't sound like that. I like sharing with friend and family exspecially ones you don't live close, and it a great cheat at horrible journaling. Which I am total bad at.
Post a Comment