Friday, August 1, 2008

New Ward?

So this isn't really an exciting post, but I thought that I would quickly jot down some thoughts that I am having this morning. We have known for some time that our ward here would be splitting. We have only been here for a little over a year and a half and it will be the second split for us. There is just so much growth here. It has been funny, but also really fun to have at least one or two if not five new families read into our ward every week, (not to mention all the baby blessings). This Sunday we will split. I don't know if this is for sure but Joshy told me that our ward has reached close to 700+ members, so it is necessary. However, this morning as I am picking the hymns for this coming Sacrament meeting (that is a little reveling as to me planning the hymns for sacrament meeting--I like to plan better than that but I couldn't figure out why the Bishopric wouldn't give me the topics for the next 6 months--now I know hee hee) anyway I got really sad thinking about what a wonderful ward we have and how much I love it. There are so many amazing people and families in our ward, I have just loved getting to know them. What great examples they are to me. I know that you can still stay friends with ward people even though you aren't in the same ward anymore but it will not be the same. I feel kinda like I am losing part of a big family and I guess I am just a little sad. I want to recognizes what a blessing it has been for me to be in our ward and thank all the wonderful people that I have shared themselves with me.
I have been thinking about all the different people that have come and gone in my life and what an influence they have been on me, from elementary school, to high school, to collage and now. We are shaped by the experiences we have with the people we are around. I am definitely far from where I want to be, but I am pretty happy with where I am at now. We are so blessed and so happy. I have a wonderful perfect husband and beautiful happy healthy children and I know that the people that have been around me, been my friends and who have had a good influence on my life have helped me get here and I am soo soo grateful for them. So I guess I am not sad as this chapter closes I am grateful for it and ready for something new!! Thanks!!!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Tiff, we all feel the same way about YOU! You have been a great example to me from day one and I still love you to pieces. The year I lived with you and Jana was my favorite and I will always remember and be grateful for the good friend you were (and are!) to me! Good luck with the new ward! P.S. I need to see new pictures of the kiddies! They are SOOOOO cute.

brandy said...

Tiffany!!! I think you are a great example to us! I fell the same way.Actually, we have been in the ward for awhile but I just started felling like it a home ward.

Becky said...

Tiff we were so grateful when you guys came into our lives. Nick and I just keep saying, they live across the street, there's no way they'll be in a different ward, right? Anyway, it's so nice to have friends that we can call of the cuff and eat Chinese with! Love you guys!

Larsen said...

I can't comment my real thoughts without getting a teary eyed. So I won't right now.

At some point, I hope you know how I am really feeling. It's in your letter.

xoxo

Erin Ellsworth said...

I feel happy and sad today as the ward split. I am excited for the change, but I will miss so much of how the ward was. So many people and so many friends to see each week. Next week everything will seem small I think.

Unknown said...

We just had our boundaries realigned and though we are still in the same ward, I miss those that we lost to other wards. The church is growing and if only we could all be in the same ward! haha Tiff, I love you and think you are the greatest most giving person I know. I miss you!